Friday, October 07, 2005

Bradford Robotic Telescope


Over a bottle (or two) of wine last night, I reached all new levels of geekiness. I recently had to cancel my Slooh account to put myself in a position to buy an engagement ring for quite possibly the hottest female in the world. I really did enjoy the whole online telescope. Slooh really provided some great, great images. I do plan on throwing together a gallery at some point, but I haven't gotten there just yet.


I stumbled across the Bradford Robotic telescope, various optical devices (Celestron C14 and a couple of cameras), remotely operated at the Observatorio del Teide 8,000 feet up on the Island of Tenerife. Teide is also where the Slooh observatory is located and it really has some stunningly dark skies. The project is definitely more hands on and research oriented than Slooh seemed to be. Basically, you submit jobs to a job que and wait and see what ya get. I submitted several jobs last night while Jen and were hanging out in front of the TV drinking some wine and relaxing.

I'm looking forward to the jobs completed. The output is in the FITS format, which is raw. I'm excited about the opportunity to learn how to process FITS images in Photoshop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home